Are you thinking?

 I do not mean to be rude when I asked are you thinking. It is something that I do intensely since my holidays started. I used to be a very busy person and all of a sudden, I took 3 months off to be with my daughter.

I was never a homebody and from the time my girl was born, I was always juggling time to ensure that I have time reserve for my daughter. However, my job as a travel agent bring me out of town most of the time. She is left on her own and somehow that have trained her to be independent. This is good for me because even though I am away from her, I know that she will always be responsible for her own life.

Now I have so much time in hand that it does not matter whether it is sunrise or sunset. Most important thing is that every moment I am spending on enjoying the things I do. I started to cook for my daughter, clean up the place she rented and doing what mother can do in her ability. I am good at my career managing companies and coaching individual. This is really a new task for me. Luckily, I still have frequent coaching sessions that keep me occupied with plenty of things to work on. My salute to all full-time mothers and fathers, you really are incredible. I am only doing this motherly on part time and I am climbing the walls already.

Coaching on the other hand is very rewarding. In a trusted environment, both my participants and me shared many interesting sessions. At the end of each session, it always leaves me with a smile because they know what they want to achieve at their own pace. They are superb in handling their own tasks and spontaneously bounce back when faced with obstacles. Initially, they might apologize for not completing the tasks however they know what they should do therefore we no longer embark on any apologetic conversation. Is there a need to be right or wrong? In coaching, we just work together to ensure that the participants always aware of their choices and the consequences. They do not expect perfection but they strive for completion at their best.

Coaches are also human and, in our life, we also have many challenges. Without those challenges life will be pretty boring. Life should be like the heartbeat on the monitor during an exciting game. It should raise and fall according to sentiment and emotion. An effective coaching session involve all the feelings, intense listening and also commitment without judgement towards our participants. At the end, we should be able to arrive at a point where they achieve their ah-ah moment. Coaches do not provide answers. Good coaches make sure the participants are able to walk confidently on their platform of life after each session. People might be wondering then where will I get my next customer/participant? I never worry about this because in a world of 7.9 billion population, I only wish I can help more. Each one that I coach successfully will help me to launch another journey of help a new person in their life. It is not a business for me but a contribution to the society.

So, do you want to be the sunrise or the sunset or does it really matter? Keep thinking on what you like to build. No matter how much you love your children, they will need to have their own life and you have to start living a life you want. I am doing the same. reach out to the unknown and without expectation make life interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE IAC COACHING MASTERIES™ - My Commitment

What is rapport building?

Coaching is sole for you.