Authentic Doesn't Mean You Can't Wear Fake Eyelashes
One of the things I enjoy most during my morning live sessions is that we can talk about almost anything.
One moment we're discussing inner dialogue.
The next moment we're laughing about how many Gmail accounts we have.
I started using Gmail when it first came out. Back then, you could create account after account without much restriction. I think many of us collected email addresses like souvenirs.
So I asked everyone,
"How many Gmail accounts do you actually have?"
Sometimes I ask these random questions not because the answers are important, but because conversations create connection.
A room only comes alive when people participate.
Yes, I'm Wearing Fake Eyelashes
Since we're being honest...
Yes.
I'm wearing fake eyelashes.
I have naturally short eyelashes, and I've always believed our eyes are the windows to the world. So once in a while, I like to experiment.
Some days they look wonderful.
Some days they decide to move somewhere they weren't supposed to!
That's life.
I don't hide it.
I don't pretend they're real.
I'm simply sharing my experience.
Authenticity isn't about refusing to try new things.
Authenticity is telling the truth about the things you try.
Experimenting Doesn't Make You Fake
I enjoy experimenting.
Sometimes I buy something because I'm curious.
Sometimes it works beautifully.
Sometimes I look at it and think,
"Okay... that's enough. Let's go back to the original."
There's nothing wrong with experimenting.
The important part is knowing when something genuinely feels like you.
Not everything we try becomes part of who we are.
Sometimes experiments simply help us appreciate our original self even more.
Packaging Matters... But It Isn't Everything
If you're a content creator, coach, speaker, or influencer, let's be honest.
Presentation matters.
People notice the packaging before they discover what's inside.
Think about walking into a shop in Japan.
Sometimes the packaging is so beautiful that you want to buy it before you even know what's inside.
People are no different.
The way we present ourselves creates a first impression.
So yes...
I choose colourful clothes.
I tidy myself before going live.
TikTok even smooths my skin with its filters.
I'm not pretending those things don't exist.
I'm simply using the tools available.
Packaging may open the door.
Character is what makes people stay.
Filters Don't Create Confidence
I'm nearly sixty.
I take care of my skin.
I use moisturiser.
I wear sunscreen.
I do what I reasonably can.
Yet I still have pigmentation.
Sometimes, when the filter disappears, you can clearly see the darker patch on my face.
Years ago, I didn't like it.
Today, I simply accept it.
Acceptance doesn't mean giving up.
Acceptance means recognising that you've done your best and allowing yourself to be at peace with what remains.
Ageing isn't a mistake.
It's evidence that you've been living.
Are You Accepting Who You Are?
That is the question I hope you leave with today.
Not whether your skin is perfect.
Not whether your eyelashes are real.
Not whether you look younger than your age.
But whether you have accepted yourself.
Because life becomes much lighter when you stop fighting every little imperfection.
Come for the Conversation. Stay for Yourself.
This evening, I'll probably be talking about something I call "Thought Constipation."
Although, if you know me, there's always a chance I'll change the topic halfway through!
That's the beauty of my live sessions.
They aren't scripted.
They're alive.
So whenever you join me, don't just listen to what I'm saying.
Listen to what my words awaken inside you.
Relate them to your own life.
Ask yourself questions.
Notice your own answers.
Because the most important conversation you'll ever have isn't with me.
It's the one you have with yourself.
Footnote: This is the transcript from my #tiktoklive @peggyang57 on 10th Aug 2026 0900hrs
#peggyang57 #awakeningyourworth #innerdialogue #coachingculture #bazireader #oraclecards #transformation #change #mindser #carljung #stoicism #emotion #energyvampire #tiktokliveworld

No comments:
Post a Comment