Decisions.

 This is needed every second of the day. From the time you wake up to the time you go to bed. Interestingly, it can also be frustrating as well as motivating.

What could be the reason for this? For me it is because there are too many choices I used to be extremely busy and every decision make based on the time I have to spend on each task or thoughts. When I took a career break and decided to embark on coaching, these decision making should be easier right? That’s what I thought too. But it is definitely untrue.

I always assigned time for my participants for coaching first before I decide on making other arrangements. However, this can sometime be difficult too. When a participant has some emergency, I am left with a void. Now what should I do? I used to just take another coffee break or start to snacking until the next session. Good decision? Not really. This is because the time I spend preparing myself for the coaching session is not fruitful at all. As a coach, I can only prepare myself mentally to face anything that comes from my participants. I must be 100% present without any other interruptions thoughts in order to effectively hold a successful session with my participant. I do not have a questionnaire ready because the agenda of coaching belongs to my participants too. Now, what you think I should do? I love to hear your opinion. On the other hand, I never push my participants on any timing that is not suitable for them. I need them to be ready for this special moment of discovering themselves. The outcome is always rewarding when they are in this environment during coaching. I am not sure how many of you have been in a coaching session that really give you a boost of energy that comes from within. I have experienced this as a coaching participant and I also have this result when I conduct coaching. To be honest not everyone is coachable. Sometimes, we just hit the wall due to reasons unknown to us but it again picks up momentum when I met them next. Therefore, to have a good coaching outcome I need to meet the participants prior to their first session. The biggest obstacles are when the participants cannot decide what they want from themselves. Make sense to you? It does make a lot of sense to me because I was there before I see it as a value which I need to make proactive decision.

If you want to improve your life, be prepare to face your own devil or devils. The journey will only be successful when you make this million-dollar decision worth your time and your coach’s time.

What makes me decide to put so much emphasis in encouraging a coaching culture? I used to live like no tomorrow but hitting no result. Nowadays, I can have so much freedom in life even with the little hiccup like decisions and appointments. Therefore, I know I am not perfect and I live each day with anticipation. Like one of my participants said “I will look forward to problems because it gives me motivation to look for solution”.

This video shared by @Jespuvan is really a good piece to listen to. https://youtu.be/c-4flnuxNV4

Hope you find what you are looking for. If not, keep looking. It is still waiting for you to explore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE IAC COACHING MASTERIES™ - My Commitment

What is rapport building?

Coaching is sole for you.