Awakening Your Worth: The Problem Was Never the Problem
By Peggy Ang 270726
Have you ever noticed what happens the moment you hear the word "problem"?
Most of us react before we even understand what the problem is. Our minds immediately race ahead. We imagine the worst possible outcome. Anxiety begins to build, and before long, we feel trapped in a corner with no way out.
But what if the problem isn't the real issue?
What if it is the story we begin telling ourselves about the problem?
That is where Inner Dialogue begins.
A Room for the Children of the Universe
Every morning when I go live on TikTok, I invite people into what I call The Room for the Children of the Universe.
It is not a room where you come to impress anyone.
It is not a room where you need to agree with me.
It is not even a room where you need to speak.
It is simply a space where you can spend a few minutes with the most important person in your life—yourself.
In a world that constantly asks us to perform, compare, and prove ourselves, perhaps five quiet minutes with ourselves is one of the greatest gifts we can receive.
Transformation Is Coming Home
People often think transformation means becoming someone new.
I don't believe that.
Transformation is not about creating a different version of yourself.
It is about removing everything that has covered your authentic self.
It is about remembering who you were before fear, expectations, labels, and conditioning told you who you should become.
You are not becoming someone else.
You are coming home to yourself.
Why We Need Inner Dialogue
Many people ask me,
"If I know how to talk to myself, why would I need a coach?"
Because our inner dialogue is influenced by many things:
our upbringing,
our family values,
our fears,
our culture,
our past experiences,
and sometimes, expectations that don't even belong to us.
When we only rely on ourselves, we can become biased without realizing it.
A coach doesn't replace your wisdom.
A coach helps you hear your own wisdom more clearly.
The Missing Document
Today I experienced something very simple.
I couldn't find an important document that I needed for my trip tomorrow.
Immediately my mind started creating different scenarios.
Should I cancel my Zumba class?
Should I go home?
Should I postpone my live session?
What if I can't find it?
What if I can't travel tomorrow?
Notice what happened.
The document wasn't creating the stress.
My thinking was.
So I stopped.
I spoke to myself.
I asked,
"What actually needs solving?"
I realized I simply needed to go home, spend some time looking for the document, and then continue with my evening as planned.
Within half an hour, I found it.
The problem wasn't as big as I had imagined.
But something interesting remained.
The emotional scar.
That uncomfortable feeling reminded me of something much bigger.
It reminded me that I don't have a proper filing system.
Instead of criticising myself, I asked,
"What can I improve?"
When I return from my holiday, I know one of my priorities is to organise my documents properly.
That is Inner Dialogue.
Not judging yourself.
Learning from yourself.
Awareness. Conversation. Alignment.
This is the process I use.
1. Awareness
Become aware of what you are feeling.
Don't judge it.
Simply notice it.
2. Conversation
Ask yourself questions.
Why am I feeling this?
What story am I telling myself?
Is this really mine?
Am I reacting to today, or is something from my past being triggered?
3. Alignment
Now choose your next action.
Not based on fear.
Not based on guilt.
Not based on what other people expect.
Choose the action that is aligned with your values.
Measure Yourself Differently
We compare ourselves all the time.
Someone is richer.
Someone is prettier.
Someone has a better career.
Someone appears happier.
Comparison is human.
But perhaps we have been measuring ourselves against the wrong person.
Instead of comparing yourself with someone else...
Compare yourself with the person you were before you entered this room.
Are you more aware?
More peaceful?
More honest with yourself?
More compassionate?
That is growth.
Boundaries Are Not Walls
Many people think boundaries mean pushing people away.
That isn't how I see boundaries.
A boundary protects your energy.
It reminds you that you cannot pour endlessly from an empty cup.
As you become more authentic, some relationships naturally change.
Not because anyone is bad.
Not because you love them less.
Sometimes your values grow in different directions.
That is part of awakening.
Learning to Appreciate Yourself
Forty years ago I was very slim.
People might think that was wonderful.
But part of the reason I was slim was because I didn't always have enough food.
Today I am healthier.
Yes, I have gained weight.
I still exercise.
I dance Zumba.
I attend Pilates.
I watch what I eat.
Not because I want to punish my body.
Because I appreciate it.
I no longer measure myself by how closely I resemble a younger version of me.
I measure myself by whether I am taking care of the body that carries me through life.
Looking at Problems Differently
Recently I came across an exercise inspired by Stoic philosophy.
Imagine stepping outside yourself.
Look at your problem from across the room.
Then imagine looking from above your house.
Then above your town.
Then above your country.
Eventually your problem becomes a tiny dot.
Has the problem disappeared?
No.
But your perspective has changed.
And often, when perspective changes, solutions become easier to find.
Your Worth Has Never Left You
Whether you explore personality, coaching, BaZi, DNA reports, meditation, or personal development, all these are simply information.
They do not define who you are.
They help you understand yourself.
But only you can decide how you will live.
That is why I always return to Inner Dialogue.
External information may guide us.
Our inner wisdom helps us choose.
Coming Home
Your past is there to teach you.
Your future is there to prepare for.
But your life is lived here.
Now.
This moment.
Be the best version of yourself that this moment allows.
Not yesterday's version.
Not tomorrow's version.
Today's.
Because the most beautiful person who will spend every moment of your life with you...
...is you.
I am Peggy Ang, an Inner Dialogue Coach focused on Awakening Your Worth.
I help you trust the wisdom of your own voice.
#peggyang57 #awakeningyourworth #innerdialogue #coachingculture #bazireader #oraclecards #transformation #change #mindser #carljung #stoicism #emotion #energyvampire #tiktokliveworld

No comments:
Post a Comment