Search This Blog

Monday, 31 August 2026

Behind the Live: How I Turn Life Into a Conversation

 

Behind the Live: How I Turn Life Into a Conversation

People sometimes ask me:

"Peggy, how do you prepare for your TikTok Live?"

The funny thing is...

I don't really prepare the way people expect.

There is no perfect script sitting in front of me.

No carefully memorised speech.

No guarantee that I will even talk for one hour.

What you see on TikTok Live is actually the final part of a much longer process that happens behind the scenes.

And perhaps this is the part people don't see.

The BTS of My Live

For the past two or three years, I have been experimenting.

I've made mistakes.

I've tried things that didn't work.

I've changed my approach.

I've sometimes hit my head against the wall and wondered, "Why am I doing this?"

I've listened to what people told me I "should" do on social media.

Prepare content.

Know your audience.

Keep people watching.

Be consistent.

Have a strategy.

And yes, there is value in all of that.

But eventually, I discovered something about myself.

I enjoy the process of sharing much more than I enjoy trying to manufacture content.

So today, my process is very different.

Something happens in my life.

I notice something.

I watch a movie.

I travel somewhere.

I have a conversation.

Something goes wrong.

I experience an emotion.

I discover something about myself.

And then I start talking to myself about it.

That's where the research begins.

Sometimes I talk to ChatGPT.

Sometimes I bring my raw thoughts here exactly as they came out of my mouth.

Sometimes I give it a transcript from my TikTok Live.

Sometimes I ask:

"Does this make sense?"

"What am I actually saying here?"

"Is there a deeper message?"

"Can this become a blog?"

"Is this clear enough for someone who doesn't know me?"

And sometimes I disagree with the answer.

Sometimes I change it.

Sometimes I realise I was rambling.

Sometimes I discover that the rambling actually contains the best part.

That's my research process.

It's not about finding information simply to sound knowledgeable.

It's about understanding what I am actually trying to say.

Then I Go Live

Once I feel something is ready to be shared, I don't necessarily turn it into a script.

I go live.

And I talk.

Sometimes the topic is very clear.

Sometimes it starts with something completely random.

Food.

Travel.

A movie.

Pilates.

A technical problem.

A conversation with my daughter.

Something I observed.

Something that made me angry.

Something that made me laugh.

Something that made me question myself.

Anything can become a doorway.

But somehow, somewhere along the way, I usually bring the conversation back to the same place:

Inner Dialogue.

Awakening Your Worth.

Trusting the wisdom of your own voice.

That is my anchor.

The topic may change.

The destination doesn't.

And Then Something Interesting Happens

After the live, I don't simply leave the conversation there.

I record it.

I transcribe it.

I read what I actually said.

And sometimes I discover things about myself that I didn't even realise while I was speaking.

That's when the second conversation begins.

I look at my own words and ask:

"What was I really trying to say?"

"What did I learn?"

"What can someone else take from this?"

"Is there a story here?"

"Can I explain this more simply?"

And then the live can become a blog.

The blog becomes another way for someone to revisit the conversation.

Someone who couldn't stay for an hour can read it later.

Someone who heard only part of the live can go deeper.

And sometimes, I realise the next topic is already sitting inside the previous conversation.

So the process continues.

Life → Reflection → Inner Dialogue → Research → Live → Transcript → Blog → Reflection again.

That's my BTS.

I Don't Think I'm "Good at Social Media"

This is probably the part that makes me laugh.

Recently, a coach asked if she could meet me because she wanted to understand how I do my social media.

My first reaction was:

"Really?"

Because I remember the journey.

I didn't suddenly become good at this.

I made plenty of mistakes.

I tried things that didn't work.

I questioned myself.

I changed direction.

I sometimes followed other people's advice and later realised it wasn't really me.

And slowly, I discovered something much more valuable than a social media formula.

I discovered how I like to show up.

I don't go live because I must produce one hour of content.

I don't go live because I have to please an algorithm.

I don't even go live because I must convert every viewer into a client.

If I feel good and I have something meaningful to share, I go live.

If I don't feel good, I don't force it.

That's also part of being human.

And if someone connects with what I share and eventually wants to work with me?

Wonderful.

That's a bonus.

My Audience Is Part of the Process

The people who come back regularly are not necessarily coming because they know what today's topic will be.

Sometimes even I don't know!

They come because they know there will be a conversation.

They can have their coffee.

They can listen.

They can comment.

They can think.

They can simply be there.

And hopefully, they leave with one question that continues talking to them after the live ends.

That's what I want.

Not for people to depend on me for their answers.

But for them to become better at having conversations with themselves.

Because ultimately, you are the person you live with 24/7.

Your Inner Dialogue is always there.

So why not learn how to make that conversation a useful one?

This Is the Real BTS

So when you see me appearing on TikTok and talking about something that seems completely random, remember:

There may be a much longer conversation behind those few minutes.

I may have lived it.

Questioned it.

Talked about it.

Researched it.

Argued with myself about it.

Recorded it.

Transcribed it.

Read it again.

And only then realised:

"Ah... this is what I was trying to say."

That's why I don't want to make my live sessions too polished.

I want to leave room for the human being.

The pauses.

The mistakes.

The laughter.

The technical problems.

The unexpected phone calls.

The moments when I lose my train of thought.

And the moments when something suddenly becomes very clear.

Because that's life too.

My live session is not a performance of perfection.

It is the visible part of an ongoing conversation I am having with myself.

And perhaps that's why it feels comfortable.

I am not trying to become someone else on social media.

I'm simply learning how to let more of Peggy be seen.

And wherever the conversation begins—

food, travel, a movie, a problem, an emotion, a random thought—

I will probably bring it back to the same place:

Awakening Your Worth.

Inner Dialogue.

Trusting the wisdom of your own voice.

That's my BTS.

And honestly?

I'm still learning.

Behind every live there are a lot of preparation. 

#peggyang57 #awakeningyourworth #innerdialogue #coachingculture #bazireader #oraclecards #transformation #change #mindser #carljung #stoicism #emotion #energyvampire #tiktokliveworld
​ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Live: How I Turn Life Into a Conversation

  Behind the Live: How I Turn Life Into a Conversation People sometimes ask me: "Peggy, how do you prepare for your TikTok Live?" ...