Search This Blog

Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Not Every Cry for Help Is an Invitation to Coach

Not Every Cry for Help Is an Invitation to Coach

As an Inner Dialogue Coach, my heart naturally responds when someone says, "I have anxiety."

During one of my TikTok Live sessions, a viewer shared that he was struggling with anxiety. I invited him to connect with me through WhatsApp if he felt comfortable continuing the conversation.

Later, I discovered he was a man and instead reached out through TikTok. Out of curiosity, I visited his profile.

What I found surprised me.

His profile described himself as a tantra practitioner, a sugar daddy, someone open-minded who wanted to make friends and make money. It was very different from the image I had unconsciously formed in my mind when he first shared about his anxiety.

For a brief moment, my inner dialogue began asking questions.

"Is he genuinely seeking help?"

"What is his intention?"

"Should I continue this conversation?"

Then I paused.

I realised something important.

The purpose of coaching is not to judge someone's profile. Neither is it to assume that every person who shares a struggle is ready for coaching.

As coaches, compassion and discernment must walk hand in hand.

Someone can genuinely experience anxiety regardless of their profession, lifestyle, or how they present themselves online. At the same time, not every conversation is meant to become a coaching relationship.

This experience reminded me of something I often share.

Kindness does not require the absence of boundaries.

Being compassionate does not mean saying yes to everyone.

Being available does not mean becoming accessible to every request.

As coaches, we are not here to rescue people.

We are here to create a space where those who are truly ready can begin listening to the wisdom of their own voice.

Today, if someone reaches out after a live session, I no longer rush into offering my time.

Instead, I become curious.

"What made you join my live today?"

"What would you like support with?"

Their response often reveals far more than their profile ever could.

Over the years, I have learned that our intuition speaks softly.

Sometimes it isn't warning us that someone is dangerous.

It is simply reminding us to slow down.

To observe before assuming.

To listen before advising.

To allow trust to develop naturally.

Perhaps this is another lesson in Awakening Your Worth.

When we know our worth, we don't need to close our hearts.

We simply learn to open them with wisdom.

Not everyone who enters our space is our client.

Not everyone who is hurting is ready to be helped.

And that is perfectly okay.

The right people will recognise the space you have created.

The right conversations will unfold at the right time.

Until then, continue to lead with compassion, guided by discernment, and trust the wisdom of your own inner dialogue.


Reflection

"Discernment is not the opposite of compassion. It is compassion guided by wisdom. When we awaken our worth, we learn that protecting our boundaries is not an act of fear—it is an act of self-respect."

#AwakeningYourWorth #InnerDialogue #SelfWorth #CoachingWithCompassion #Boundaries #Discernment #TrustYourInnerVoice


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Don't Prepare Before I Speak — I Discover as I Speak

  I Don't Prepare Before I Speak — I Discover as I Speak There is something else I want to share about the way I do my TikTok Live. I do...