Search This Blog

Saturday, 22 August 2026

Use Your Thoughts — Don't Let Your Thoughts Use You




Use Your Thoughts — Don't Let Your Thoughts Use You

I still have negative thoughts.

I am not an angel.

I still get irritated.

I still get frustrated.

I still have moments when my thoughts run in directions I don't particularly like.

The difference is that I am becoming more mindful of what I do with those thoughts.

I don't want my energy to be zapped by thoughts that don't deserve my energy.

That doesn't mean I suppress them.

It means I notice them.

For example, I have always preferred stories with a happy ending.

Recently, I started challenging myself to watch stories that don't end well.

Instead of immediately saying:

"I don't like this."

I ask:

"Why did this happen?"

"What choices brought this person here?"

"If this person had made a different decision, would the outcome have changed?"

Now I am learning from what I am watching instead of simply judging it.

That is mindfulness to me.

Look.

Notice.

Learn.

Then bring it into Inner Dialogue.

The same applies to painful experiences.

Someone may hurt you.

Your mind may produce anger.

You may feel betrayed.

You may want revenge.

You may replay what happened again and again.

Those thoughts are real experiences.

But a thought is not automatically a command.

You can think:

"I hate what happened."

without allowing hatred to become your entire life.

You can acknowledge:

"I was hurt."

without allowing that person to continue controlling your present.

So I ask myself:

"What am I doing with this thought?"

Am I using it to understand myself?

Or am I allowing it to consume me?

This is where mindfulness gives me space.

Inner Dialogue gives me conversation.

And alignment gives me choice.

I don't need to have only positive thoughts.

I need to become more conscious of my thoughts.

Because I cannot control every thought that enters my mind.

But I can become more intentional about which thoughts I feed.

Which thoughts I explore.

Which thoughts I act upon.

And which thoughts I allow to pass.

So don't waste your thoughts.

Use your thoughts.

Learn from them.

Question them.

Understand them.

And when necessary, let them go.

Don't let every thought decide who you are.

               

Footnote: 100826 TikTok live transcript)

#peggyang57 #awakeningyourworth #innerdialogue #coachingculture #bazireader #oraclecards #transformation #change #mindser #carljung #stoicism #emotion #energyvampire #tiktokliveworld
​ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Not Promoting Coaching. I'm Promoting You Back to You.

I'm Not Promoting Coaching. I'm Promoting You Back to You. Sometimes people ask me: "Peggy, you're doing TikTok Live all th...