Change or Transformation? The Difference That Changed My Perspective
There was a time when I believed change and transformation meant the same thing. The more I reflected through my own inner dialogue, the more I realised they are not.
Today, I see them as two different journeys.
When I want to change, I usually begin with what I do not know. I become more diligent. I read, attend courses, ask questions, and seek new knowledge. Change expands my understanding. It helps me perform differently because I have learnt something new.
There is nothing wrong with change. In fact, change is often the beginning of growth.
But I discovered that knowledge alone does not necessarily change my life.
I have met many people who know a great deal, yet still repeat the same patterns, experience the same frustrations, and struggle with the same inner conflicts. I have also seen this in myself. Learning something new does not automatically mean I have become someone new.
That was when I began to understand transformation.
Transformation starts with a different conversation.
Instead of asking, "What do I need to know?" I began asking, "Who am I becoming?"
This is where my practice of Inner Dialogue became more than a coaching tool. It became a way of living.
Through my 5W3H questions, I invite myself into a deeper conversation.
What is really happening?
Why does this matter to me?
Who am I becoming through this experience?
Where do I notice this pattern in my life?
When did this belief first take root?
How can I respond in alignment with my authentic self?
How much of what I believe is actually true?
How often do I silence the wisdom within me?
These questions are not meant to fix me.
They are meant to help me discover myself.
This is the difference I now see:
Change teaches me something new.
Transformation introduces me to someone new—my authentic self.
Change adds knowledge.
Transformation creates wisdom.
Change improves performance.
Transformation aligns identity.
Knowledge fills the mind.
Wisdom shapes the heart.
As I continued reflecting, another insight emerged.
Growth does not end with transformation.
There is a third stage—contribution.
When our transformation becomes a gift to someone else, our experiences gain a purpose beyond ourselves. The lessons we once struggled to learn become encouragement for another person. Our journey becomes a bridge for someone who is still searching.
Perhaps that is what Awakening Your Worth truly means.
Not simply changing.
Not only transforming.
But allowing our transformation to become a meaningful contribution to the lives of others.
Today, I leave you with one question:
Are you trying to change your circumstances, or are you allowing your experiences to transform who you are becoming?
Sometimes, the most important discovery is not what we learn.
It is who we become because we dared to listen to the wisdom of our own voice.

No comments:
Post a Comment