Search This Blog

Friday, 21 August 2026

Patience Doesn't Mean You Stop Moving

 

Patience Doesn't Mean You Stop Moving

This is where I want to make a distinction.

When you have patience, sometimes you need to wait.

But sometimes patience has already done its job.

You have waited.

You have observed.

You have accepted.

And now—

you need to act.

That's when you need to release the patience button.

You don't keep saying, "I need to be patient."

No.

You need to move.

For me, that meant resetting my phone.

Resetting my PC.

Trying another way.

Finding solutions.

And interestingly, when I am not frustrated, the solutions come much more easily.

That is the power of Inner Dialogue.

The conversation becomes:

Okay. It happened. Accept it.

Then:

What's next?

And then:

Take action.

Awareness.

Conversation.

Alignment.

Simple.

Very fast.


Patience Is Also Part of Learning

And then I was looking at the lyrics of the song I'm learning.

Now, let me tell you something.

I am not Chinese-educated.

I am learning Chinese.

And this time, I'm learning Cantonese.

The words can look familiar, but the pronunciation is completely different.

So yes—

this is where I need patience.

I've been listening to this song for two days, and I still couldn't remember all the lyrics.

Previously, I might have thought:

"Why can't I remember this?"

But yesterday, while talking to everyone here, I had another conversation with myself.

Why don't I break the song into portions?

Four lines at a time.

That's what I did.

And suddenly, it worked.

I memorised the first portion.

Now I can work on the next portion.

Then another.

Eventually, I put everything together.

And something beautiful happens when you do that.

You almost begin to see the words transforming as the lyrics come out.

Suddenly, I can sing the song.

Not perfectly.

But I can sing it.

And that is progress.


I'm an Auntie With a Very Full Head

So yes, patience is needed.

Especially for an auntie like me.

Because I have so much information in my head.

So many thoughts.

So many things I want to learn.

And sometimes I ask myself:

Which one comes first?

That is exactly why I practise Inner Dialogue.

When I was feeling impatient about learning the song, the first level was awareness.

I cannot finish learning the song because I don't know the words.

Accept it.

I don't know.

But not knowing doesn't mean I'm weak.

It simply means:

This is something I can learn.

Then comes conversation.

How do I move this feeling out of the way?

Instead of becoming frustrated and trying to learn the entire song again and again, I asked myself what would actually help.

The answer was simple:

Break it down.

Four lines.

Then another four.

Then another.

And that immediately moved me into alignment.

Action.

I practised.

And I progressed.

That's how Inner Dialogue can work.

Awareness.

Conversation.

Alignment.

Sometimes it happens so quickly that you don't even realise you're doing it.

You notice.

You decide.

You act.

You move on.

You advance.

And then you do it again.

                    



Footnote: 120826 TikTok live transcript)

#peggyang57 #awakeningyourworth #innerdialogue #coachingculture #bazireader #oraclecards #transformation #change #mindser #carljung #stoicism #emotion #energyvampire #tiktokliveworld

No comments:

Post a Comment

When Life Tests Your Patience, Use Your Inner Dialogue

  When Life Tests Your Patience, Use Your Inner Dialogue You know why I'm smiling? Because all my gadgets went haywire this morning. My ...