When Technology Says "Not Yet"
Some days, life doesn't test our wisdom through people.
It tests us through a button that refuses to work.
Recently, I was recording my reflections in ChatGPT, as I often do. Speaking allows my thoughts to flow naturally. It has become part of my creative process—sharing from the heart, then allowing technology to help me transform those thoughts into words.
But that day, something unexpected happened.
The recording finished, yet it remained stuck on "Processing." The Send button never became available.
I waited.
Nothing.
I tried again.
Still nothing.
For a moment, frustration crept in. I wondered if all those heartfelt reflections had disappeared. Those moments cannot simply be recreated word for word because they come from a particular feeling, a particular presence.
Then I caught myself.
This wasn't just a technology problem.
It was another invitation into my inner dialogue.
Instead of allowing irritation to take over, I asked myself:
"What is this moment teaching me?"
The answer was surprisingly gentle.
The recording may be gone, but the wisdom isn't.
The words may have disappeared, but the experience remains alive within me.
So I began again.
Not by trying to remember every sentence, but by reconnecting with the feeling behind those sentences.
As I shared the experience with ChatGPT, we worked through what might have happened. It could have been a browser issue, an unstable connection, or simply a temporary glitch. More importantly, we discovered a practical way forward: record in shorter segments, save key insights along the way, and treat technology as a helpful companion rather than something I depend on completely.
The experience reminded me of something I often share with those I coach.
Life rarely asks us whether we can avoid problems.
It asks whether we can remain ourselves while solving them.
Technology will fail.
Plans will change.
Words may disappear.
But our ability to pause, breathe, reflect, and begin again—that is where our true worth lives.
Awakening Your Worth is never about having a perfect journey.
It is about trusting that your wisdom has not disappeared simply because the path became interrupted.
Sometimes, all we need to do is start again.
And perhaps the second version carries even more truth than the first.
Reflection
What have you been trying to recreate because you thought it was lost?
Perhaps it isn't the words that matter.
Perhaps it is the wisdom within you that is ready to be expressed again.
#AwakeningYourWorth
#InnerDialogue
#TrustTheWisdomOfYourVoice
#GrowthMindset
#Resilience
#PeggyAng

No comments:
Post a Comment