Strength Is Another Way of Awakening Your Worth



Strength Is Another Way of Awakening Your Worth

There comes a point in life when we stop asking, "How can I lose weight?" and begin asking a much better question:

"How can I become stronger?"

Recently, I found myself reflecting on my own health journey.

I eat in moderation. I walk between 8,000 and 10,000 steps every day. I attend Zumba and Pilates every week. Yet the number on the weighing scale doesn't always reflect the effort I put in.

For a moment, I felt frustrated.

Then I realised something important.

Perhaps my body wasn't asking me to do more. Perhaps it was asking me to do something different.

The Difference Between Weight Loss and Strength

As we grow older, especially after the age of 60, our bodies naturally lose muscle mass. Muscle isn't just about looking toned. It helps us maintain balance, protects our bones, supports our metabolism, and allows us to continue living independently.

This changed my perspective completely.

Instead of chasing a lighter body, I decided to build a stronger one.

That is a very different conversation.

Your Body Is Not Your Enemy

As an Inner Dialogue Coach, I often remind people that transformation begins with the conversations we have with ourselves.

Why should my relationship with my own body be any different?

Instead of saying,

"Why aren't you losing weight?"

I now choose to ask,

"What do you need from me today?"

That small shift changes everything.

Our bodies respond far better to partnership than punishment.

Strength Is Built Through Simple Actions

Strength training doesn't require an expensive gym membership or a personal trainer.

Sometimes it begins with the simplest movements:

  • Standing up and sitting down from a chair.

  • Doing wall push-ups.

  • Practising gentle glute bridges.

  • Stepping up and down on a single stair.

  • Using a resistance band.

  • Holding a short plank.

These may look like ordinary exercises, but they prepare us for extraordinary moments in everyday life.

Every squat helps us get up from a chair with ease.

Every step-up prepares us to climb stairs confidently.

Every push-up makes carrying groceries or luggage easier.

Every plank supports a healthy back.

Strength is not built for the gym.

It is built for life.

The Goal Is Healthy Ageing

My goal is no longer to become "skinny."

My goal is to become fit, energetic, and capable.

I want to continue coaching, travelling, dancing in Zumba, enjoying Pilates, and serving others with the same passion that I do today.

Healthy ageing isn't measured only by the weighing scale.

It is reflected in:

  • Better energy.

  • Improved balance.

  • Stronger muscles.

  • Better sleep.

  • Greater confidence.

  • A waistline that gradually becomes healthier.

  • The ability to enjoy life without constantly worrying about our body.

Awakening Your Worth Through Every Choice

Every healthy meal is an act of self-respect.

Every walk is a reminder that my body is still carrying me forward.

Every strength exercise is a promise to my future self.

When we truly awaken our worth, we stop trying to become someone else.

Instead, we become better caretakers of the person we already are.

That is the real transformation.

Today, my inner dialogue is no longer focused on becoming lighter.

It is focused on becoming stronger.

Because strength is another way of saying,

"I believe my future is worth investing in."

And perhaps that is one of the greatest expressions of self-worth we can ever offer ourselves.

                                

#peggyang57 #awakeningyourworth #innerdialogue #coachingculture #bazireader #oraclecards #transformation #change #mindser #carljung #stoicism #emotion #energyvampire #tiktokliveworld

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Awakening Your Worth - Mid Autumn Festival Sharing

#awakeningyourworth- recognizing yourselves.

Awakening Your Worth: Understanding Regret with the 5W3H Method