Communication Is Two-Way Traffic
This is something I have also learned through coaching.
No matter how good a coach you are, you cannot coach someone who is unwilling to communicate.
Communication is two-way traffic.
I can ask questions.
I can listen.
I can create the space.
I can reflect what I hear.
But if the other person cannot or will not communicate, there is only so far I can go.
And that applies beyond coaching.
It applies to relationships.
Family.
Friendships.
Work.
Partnerships.
Sometimes we think:
"If I just explain myself better, maybe they will understand."
But communication isn't only about how well you speak.
It is also about whether the other person is willing to meet you halfway.
And when there is no two-way traffic, sometimes the healthiest thing you can do is pause.
Not forever.
Not necessarily as punishment.
Just pause.
Until the time is right to communicate again.
Footnote: 120826 TikTok live transcript)

No comments:
Post a Comment